Friday, December 30, 2011

Stampin' Up! Top 12 for 2011!

Last year, I made a post with my top 12 cards for 2010, so this year, I'd follow it up with Top Projects of 2011!
So, January looked like a really busy month for me, with a lot of cards, it was also the first time I'd ever been selected as a top pick for a challenge, and it happened twice in that month! Here is my favourite card of January, I used the now retired Always stamp set on this card. The original post can be found here
February, saw me join in with Kraft It Up again, and produce this scrapbook layout of my nephew, I used the Fox and Friends stamp set for the background and embellishments . Original post is here
March I spent a lot of time crafting with a friend, so I had a lot to show in that month! I picked this as my favourite card of March as I think it is such a happy clean and simple card. I used the limited release Tropical Party stamp set as well as Curly Cute sentiment set. The original is here.
April was super busy, as I participated in the Newcastle Show, with some fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. I have two favourite cards for April, because I just couldn't decide!
This one uses the limited release Easter Blooms stamp set, as well as Well Scripted, it is such a clean and simple, but big impact card, and it won me the challenge over at Less Is More! The original post is here.
This card is one of my all time favourites, it uses French Foliage and Whimsical Words. It uses the Big Shot to emboss some acetate. The original is here
May, during May, my family welcomed the arrival of my niece Brianna, and with as a congratulations, I made this card, I used the Jumbo Stars wheel and the Picture This stamp set (both are now retired)
June my dad celebrated his 50th birthday, and I find him extremely difficult to make cards for, so when this card turned as well as it did, I was pretty happy, this uses limited release Easter Blooms
July I finally got the hang of using my Stampin' Write Markers for watercolouring, and this was one card that I think shows off the markers really well! It also utilizes the Tiny Tags stamp set and matching punch.
August during August, I participated in an international holiday swap, and this was what I sent to my swap buddy! I am so proud of this. It uses Dasher, Snow Swirled, Tree Trimmings and Contempo Christmas
September I scrapbooked a page around a photo my little sister took and used for a university assignment, it is one of my favourite photos of myself, and I'm happy with how the page turned out too :)
October saw a lot of cards featuring one of my favourite new products of the year, Seam Binding Ribbon and what made it better? Stampin' Up! Started stocking it! This is one of my favourite Christmas cards, featuring the ever classy Dasher and Delicate Doilies
November - By this time, I was well and truly in to Christmas card mode, so it shouldn't surprise you that this was one of my favourite cards of November.
December I had finished with all my Christmas cards, so unlike a lot of my bloggies, I was posting a lot of anything but Christmas cards! This is my favourite card of December, although it was tough narrowing it down... I had like 5 favourites! I used Friendly Messages on this one, and it's now my go to for sentiments. 
Wow, that was a lot of fun, looking through all my cards for 2011! If you'd like to play along, I'd love to see your best of, so why not link it up? 


4 comments:

  1. Hey Jess, They are all really Fab. But I love January and April the most!! How amazing are these cards! WOW!! Up to next year to all new beautiful creations!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recap posts and this one is great you have some amazing talent. The April easter blooms one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulousness girl! cannot wait to see what you do in 2012! and hopefully we'll get to meet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love your cards...Beautiful work

    Amanda
    www.whiteruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete