Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stampin' Up! Water Colour Paper makes the difference in Water Colouring!

I have recently discovered how big a difference colouring with your Stampin' Write Markers is when colouring on Stampin' Up!'s Water Colour Paper. To be honest, I was hesitant in spending the extra money on the paper, but I got it as part of the hostess benefits from Stamp Club last month... I can't believe how simple it makes colouring, how effortless it is to get the colours blending and looking like other high end markers... So, I've been on a bit of a colouring kick... Here is my card for today...
Once again, I have used an image from The Greeting Farm, which has been embossed using black embossing powder and coloured using my Stampin' Write Markers and a Blender Pen. Her hair is Soft Suede and Early Espresso, her skin is Blush Blossom with touches of Pretty in Pink, her shirt is Certainly Celery and her pants are Crumbcake. The card base is Confetti White with a piece of patterned paper which was a bit too bright, so I have layered some Vellum over the top. A piece of Pretty in Pink cut into a flag shape and run through the Big Shot with the Polka Dots embossing folder and a piece of Crumbcake which has been punched using the eyelet border punch. I have used the Tag Punch and the Tiny Tags stamp set to finish off this card with a sentiment and three little pinkish pearls. 
I am entering this into two challenges... The first is The Lollipop Ladies challenge, which is the Princess cake inspiration (below) and the twist which is to use pearls, the second challenge is The Sweetest Thing Sunday Sketch. (below)

Anyway, Mark is in the craft room, fixing the broken window for me, so I can go back into the warmth and create some more, 
Until next time...
Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

  1. OH I absolutely love this!

    Loving your colouring, definitely sounds like that water colour paper is awesome!

    Great layout and colours, Thanks so much for joining in at The Lollipop Ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!!! And perfect for the Lollipop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a little cutey Jess.... Like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth..lol
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! Looks just like my younger sister who's expecting her *fourth* baby! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, a great sketch to base your card on, cute image and lovely colouring.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that card is gorgeous...thanks for entering the Lollipop Ladies Challenge

    ReplyDelete