Friday, July 15, 2011

Stampin' Up! Just Believe and Silhouette Sentiments create lovely Thank You cards

Hi guys! I have a quick card to share with you today, before I pop it in the mail to go to a special someone!
For this card, I have used Confetti White cardstock (my new go to card) I have masked a strip using post it notes, then with some sponges and my Stampin' Up! Inks, I have created this background. The colours are layered lightest to darkest, starting with Bashful Blue, then Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and a little bit of Night of Navy. While the masks were still in place, I stamped the leaf image from Just Believe in Basic Black, stamping off some of the images to get a fuller shrub line.... Once I'd done that, I peeled off the masks and stamped the bird from the hostess set Silhouette Sentiments in Staz On Black for a deeper black (sounds weird I know) and then I stamped the sentiment below the image panel. The sentiment is one of the cute ones from Just Believe. Now, I am going to write in this card, address it, and send it on its way. 
I am entering this in to two challenges, the first being Just Add Ink's Inspiration Challenge (see below) and the Less is More One Layer "Legs" Challenge. 
I know I've seen a card out there very similar to this one, but silly me forgot to bookmark it, so if this is very similar to a card you have made, I apologise, but I can't find out who it was now that I was going to mention I cased this from. 
Until next time,
Happy Stamping!

14 comments:

  1. This is very like a style of card that I make quite often Jess, I originally got my inspiration from Heather Telford in Canada, you may have gained yours from her too.
    It's super!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jess, very serene
    Super the recipient will love it!

    Thanks for entering
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background and lovely stamping, Good luck in the LIM challenge,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning! I love it - very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, CAS card, Jess. Thanks for joining in with the inspiration challenge at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!!! I'd love to get a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the simplicity and calmness of this card Jess. Nice take on the inspiration photo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, I really like how you have just done a panel of sponging and stamping...thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card, love the sponging and the whole layout too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Confetti White is perfect for this project. The shading you have done on this card really draws me in. Chantell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess,
    Very pretty card. Love the colors and design, so I had to make one similar to it. :) Thanks for the inspiration!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete