Friday, December 2, 2011

Stampin' Up! Friendly Messages and I create a Birthday card

Hi guys! I managed to make it into the craft room this morning, before having to go into work....! Here it is
This card just came together, exactly what I had in mind (which is always nice!) It is a Crumbcake card base, which I have layered some My Minds Eye patterned paper and Lucky Limeade card stock on to, I then cut out a square in Daffodil Delight, and one slightly smaller in Whisper White. I stamped the sentiment from Friendly Messages in Staz On Black and stuck it onto the Daffodil Delight Square. Next came those butterflies, which are from PTI, and have been stamped in Staz-On, cut out and coloured using my Stampin' Write Markers in Daffodil Delight and More Mustard. The top butterfly has been raised using dimensionals. I then wrapped some ribbon around the card and a little bit around the patterned paper, tied a bow, and added three little rhinestones. 
I am entering this into three challenges, the first is the CASE Study challenge, with their December Muse Amy Sheffer, from her card, I was inspired to use this colour combo (not one I'd have thought up, that's for sure) and the use of the butterflies. Next up, I have the Deconstructed Sketch, I don't think I've entered one of their challenges before, which is odd, because I have them on facebook, and keep meaning to.... And next up is another new one for me, the DYSU challenge which is to use ribbon. 
That's all from me today! Thanks for popping by, you guys make me smile :D (see!)

10 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Jess! Love the color combo against the kraft background, and the pair of butterflies is quite striking! I'm so honored by your CASE - thanks for playing!

WencheP said...

It's so pretty. Love those butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Aimes said...

Lovin' the clean lines of the CAS card! The shading on your sweet butterflies is so pretty too :)
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Annmaree (Emu) said...

oooh Thisis just stunning I really love that!!!

beautiful butterflies!

Debby said...

Hi Jess, love your CAS take on Amy's card. The butterflies are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Jan Garber said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up!
Jan G
DYSU DT

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Jess - LOVE it :)

Jennifer Shults said...

This is fabulously clean and simple! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Kristina said...

A great card, don't you just love when they turn out the way you have them in your mind? I know I sure do! Glad your creation came to your mind's fruition! :)

Visiting from CASE Study
xo, Kristina
Please stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Naomi said...

FABULOUS card! Love the colours, butterflies, and clean design! Thanks so much for joining us, this week, over at DYSU!