Wednesday, June 6, 2012

NEW My Favourite Things - PI Giraffe Girl!

Hi guys! Just a fairly quick post from me this evening.... I got happy mail the other day from The Stamp Spot, gotta love happy mail! It included a must have for me... Giraffe Girl from My Favourite Things... If you've been following me for a while, you would probably know I have a massive obsession with Giraffes... I have a pretty big collection of giraffes, so when I saw this stamp.... It had to be added to that collection!
I stamped and coloured her up using my Spectrum Noirs (are you sick of hearing about how much I love these yet?)  I paper pieced her top (because MFT stamps are easy to paper piece) and then made up my card. I used a Baja Breeze card base, cut at 5.75" square and then layered it up with this fabric looking paper from Fancy Pants. My middle skewed panel is Baja Breeze Designer Series Paper (retired from SU!) The Label and Circle were cut using my big shot and nesting dies and then I stamped my sentiment, which is part of the Giraffe Girl set and added a few rhinestones and paper flowers. It all looked a bit incomplete, so I added some doodling around the edges and love how it turned out with that finishing touch!
This one is being entered into the Splitcoast Stampers MFT sketch challenge I was a bit thrown at first by the square at an angle, but now love the sketch! Funny how that happens! 

3 comments:

  1. Hallo Yess, oh, so nice the giraffe I like giraffes to[ near cats ofcourse... but very nice also with the roses.. Greetings from Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, you rocked the challenge and adore the giraffey stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Jess! I love that little image...how cute is the giraffe! Such a cute layout too and I love the borders :)

    ReplyDelete