Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Scrapbooking Day Trip Photos

Hello! Hello! Back again today, with a quick post of some scrapbooking of some photos from last year, I had some photos from a day trip to Walka Water Works which isn't far from home, but is a lovely place to visit. Here is my layout -
I started off with a white piece of cardstock, which I painted up with Black Crackle paint, when it was completely dry, I used a brick mask and inked up over the top using Stampin' Up white ink. I then stitched along the top and bottom of my brick wall section, using my sewing machine, and a zig zag stitch. I glued down my first photo, which was the far away shot, but it looked too plain, so I added another photo, which is a close up shot of the windows. I added my embellishment clusters, in orange...  
I used Sassfrass Lass stickers, buttons, flowers, a stamped 'beautiful' from Prima, I also used some ribbon with polka dots on it. Lots of little bits and pieces...  
I am entering this into two challenges, the first is the White With 1 - White, Orange and Black challenge. This one made me step out of my comfort zone, as Orange isn't a colour I use very often, at all! I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge as well. 

7 comments:

  1. Love all that background detail bricks are my fav thing right now :) Thanks for playing along with us at WW1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa thats very cool Jess, I need to get out my masks and do some scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the background, you did an fab job with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous details on your page, thanks for playing along at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! Stunning details and I love the inking...beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing page, lovin all the background details. Thanks for joining in and for sharing your page with us at WW1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background bricks, they are fabulous. Thanks for playing along at WW1.

    ReplyDelete