Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stampin' Up! The Best is Yet to Be and I create a Retro Birthday Card

Hi guys! I made this card the other day, but couldn't post it (as much as I wanted to) until after it was released on the ICSketches challenge blog....
I used a Confetti White card base for this one, as well as some Peachy Keen (Kaisercraft) Patterned papers, which I cut and distressed using my Stampin' Up! Distressing Essentials Kit. I then got to colouring this Some Odd Girl stamp... I knew I wanted her to stand out, and not blend into the colourful background, so I decided she needed to be black and white... then came the fun of colouring and shading using one colour... It wasn't as difficult as it sounds. I used my Basic Grey Stampin' Write Marker and a blender pen, then in the parts I wanted darkest, I used the fine end of my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. I added 3 tiny little black pearls to her barette in her hair. The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White, and it is from the retired hostess set The Best is Yet to Be, I layered it on a scalloped circle and added some black satin ribbon to finish off this card.
This card was inspired by the sketch at ICSketches, and by Annmaree, who showed some lovely cards using this paper as well :) Oh, as a heads up, because I have a serious back log of cards to move (over 150!) I have created a MadeIt page. There will be stock reaching there periodically, with a big sale over on my closing Facebook Page

Thanks for popping by!

3 comments:

  1. THAT is just awesome! the shades of grey on her are perfect, and the bright background rocks!!! LOOOVE it!!!

    My favourite stamps too, those odd girl ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, you did a fab job of colouring her.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this cute card, specially the black ribbon that you put on card. Stunning. And thank you for visiting my blog.

    Hugs,
    Nuki

    ReplyDelete