Monday, May 2, 2011

Stampin' Up! French Foliage and Top Note Die are awesome for Scrapbooking!

I had a very early work morning today, with my shift starting at 4am *yawn* but, I'm home now, and not quite tired enough to sleep just yet.... Maybe when all the caffeine wears off? Anyway, I wanted to create when I came home, so into the craft room (which is currently a mess!) I went
I love to scrapbook, but generally find I don't do it very often, as 12x12 layouts daunt me a little... all that empty space... So, I decided to try something a bit different, I went with an A4 sized layout, which isn't nearly as daunting! In this page, I have used a cute photo of my cat Toby, who is a little 'special', we picked him up from a rescue centre about this time last year. It took him a good 3 months to be okay with me in the same room as him, and still isn't a huge fan of me, or people in general. He adores Mark, and will happily go for a scratch. This was Toby about 6 months ago, chilling in a re-usable bag in the lounge room. He loves to be in things, he doesn't sleep on the bed, but in the bed, under the covers with his head on the pillow (he's a bit of a princess) 
For this layout, I have taken my colours from the actual photo, using Crumbcake (Stampin' Up!'s version of Kraft), Pacific Point and Basic Grey. I have used my Bigshot to create a frame out of the off cuts from a Top Note diecut, I have then stamped and embossed the splatter in silver from French Foliage which is in the new Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue. On the Crumbcake, I have used some Smooch Spritz in silver, which is a carryover item from the Summer Mini Catalogue, once this was dry, I stamped the text image from French Foliage in Basic Grey. To carry the blue from the picture, I used the Decorative Label Punch with Pacific Point and used it for a  fancy edging on the frame. The bling is from a piece of Prima flourish (I trimmed them down), and the smattering of buttons are from my stash. 
I am entering this into the Kraft It Up! challenge blog which this month is to create a layout, using Kraft and No Patterned Papers. 
Thanks for dropping by, and as always,
Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable LO.. love the stamped background and misting!! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete