Sunday, February 9, 2014

Some Odd Girl - Birthday Card "You deserve the ROYAL Treatment"

Hi guys! Sorry for the delays in posting. I got crafty the other night, did something I rarely do, and since then, this card has been on my desk.... 
So, for this card, my first stop was the layer with misting. I got some sequin scrap, and sprayed bronze perfect pearls through it, giving it the bubble look. I set it aside to dry, and coloured up "Royal" from Some Odd Girl, with my spectrum Noir Markers. I then layered up some paper from Teresa Collins (this is the boys range!) and doodled around the edges, I added the perfect pearls piece, which I stamped with the sentiment, and added it. Royal has been attached with dimensional adhesive, and I added a trio of rhinestones.
Here's the close up
Some Odd Girl - Misting and Masking
Freshly Made Sketches - #122
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes #118
I've also finally got my markers into a home, that they have been needing! I had them in a box, and their original packaging, yet the box was falling apart and the original packaging was looking wrong... So, I ducked in to Typo yesterday, and grabbed some of their Milk Crates. I was originally only going to get one, as they are usually about $25, but they were on sale for $10 each, so I grabbed the matching pair they had! Look how great they look, filled with my markers!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I really like the way she is holding up her skirt. Thank you for sharing this inspirational and beautiful art with us today.
    Please come back real soon.
    Blessings, Carole (DT WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! Sweet image and such pretty details. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jess! Love your "behind the scenes" info on how you created your misted background...and I never would have guessed that you paired Royal with boyish paper! Thanks for joining our challenge this month at Some Odd Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this is so pretty! Gorgeous coloring and I love how you did the misting :) Loving the marker storage too- nothing better than an unexpected sale! Thanks so much for joining us over at Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect of misting. It gives an extra texture to the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl

    ReplyDelete