Friday, May 4, 2012

Some Odd Girl - Thank you Mae

Hi guys! It's been quiet over here recently huh? Well, last week, I got home from work to find that my housemate had packed his things, and moved out. He'd left me a note... Yeah, so I was a bit devastated, add to that the fact that my uni assignment is due today (finished it earlier!) and I haven't had time or energy to craft.... I made this card though last night, as I needed a break....
This card started out very differently in my head.... But, I do love where it ended up! I actually coloured and paper pieced Mae (Thank You Mae stamp set) a couple of nights ago, and then lost motivation, so she sat on my desk looking up at me with those big green eyes, until I added her to a card.... The base (which is hard to see) is Crumbcake, layered with Vanilla cardstock and patterned paper from Kaisercraft and Simple Stories Fabulous Paper Pad. That big doily? It's a new addition to my ever growing die collection, one from Cheery Lynn Designs, which is a new line The Stamp Spot is carrying! I added a strip of Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon and tied a bow. The sentiment is from the Thank You Mae stamp set, and was stamped on scraps of Crumbcake card, and cut to fit. I added 6 black little rhinestones to finish off this card.
I am entering this into the Some Odd Girls monthly challenge, which for the month of May is a sketch (see below) I loved the design teams interpretations :) I am also entering this into the Ribbon Carousel's Photo Inspiration I took inspiration from the colours of the photo :) Also, a big Happy 1st Birthday to the Ribbon Carousel!!

8 comments:

  1. I *heart* this Jess, you did awesome! I LOVE the paper piecing and awesome doily cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess I love how you paper pieced Mae up!! Her outfit looks divine!! So happy you joined us at Some Odd Girl for this months challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're having a crappy week but on the upside your card is simply gorgeous! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely!
    Thank you for entering SOG sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess your card is too cute...love your coloring...Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Jess! Thank you so much for playing along our sketch challenge at SOG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I especially love your sentiment! :) Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun use of the doily and a great image for this layout too - gorgeous! :D Thanks for playing in the Some Odd Girl Sketch Challenge! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete