Sunday, May 27, 2012

Some Odd Girl - Sweet Thinkin' Mae

Hi Guys! Another card I made last week that I have to share. But first, have a gorgeous picture of my niece, who we celebrated her first birthday yesterday - she is giving a blow up giraffe a kiss and wearing the owl hat that I got her for her birthday present *SO CUTE!*
Anyway, on with the card.... I have a Sweet Thinkin' Mae card to share with you today!
I stamped the Mae stamp on watercolour paper and also on to some Echo Park - For the Record patterned paper for her bow and dress which I fussy cut and stuck onto the watercolour paper. I coloured her up using my markers and fussy cut her out. I used a black card base, layered up with some white card stock, which I stamped with the Lawn Fawn Chevron Backdrops in black ink (on my biggest acrylic stamp block, I have gotten a black permanent marker and a ruler and drawn straight lines along it 1cm apart to line up pesky stamps like this one, and make stamping straight easier!) and then layered it up with some Satin Single Frill black ribbon. I attached Mae using a whole bunch of Foam mounting tape, I then stamped my sentiment in black Memento ink and added some tiny red rhinestones to finish it off!
Thanks for joining us here, and don't forget you've still got a couple of days to play with our challenge spots this month! 

1 comment: