Saturday, March 24, 2012

Some Odd Girl, Dancing Mae and I create a fun card!



Hey Hey,
I know I've been quiet over here in blog land.... But, a lot has been happening behind the scenes.... I had a uni assignment due on Friday, and some exciting news is coming.... I was approached by an awesome crafty girl who lives in Victoria to discuss opening up our own sketch challenge blog.... Our site, Feeling Sketchy will go live on April 1st (no April Fools!)... We have put together a small, but awesome design team and can't wait to get started... so pop on over and have a looksee... Meanwhile, I do have a card to share...
This is my first time colouring Dancing Mae, and let me tell you... she is the easiest, most fun little chick to colour! I used my Stampin' Write Markers, and a Blender pen and then when I was done colouring her, cut her out and stuck her to a white nestie and then a Marina Mist nestie. Behind the Marina Mist shape, I have popped three Rich Razzleberry ribbon loops, the main image panel is attached with dimensionals, atop some patterned papers from My Minds Eye and KaiserCraft. I stamped the sentiment using alphabet stamps and on the inside, it has 'like no-one is watching' 
I am entering this into two challenges. The Play Date Cafe colour challenge and the iSpy Sketches challenge
 
 
Thanks for popping by :)
Jess

9 comments:

  1. OMG ITS AWESOME!!!

    I love how you cut the top out and rest is the nestie die, and the layout is fab!!!!!!!!

    eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Yess, That is very soon 1-4
    the -Feeling Sketchy- Ofcourse I follow how its going... Greetings Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image Jess! She looks so fun and funky...love the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks for joining in at I Spy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love new challenge blogs! :) Sounds fab!

    Love this card, she is a bit of a cute little one isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, fun card!!! Thanks for playing along at I Spy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new DT gig, Jess! I can't wait to check it out and maybe play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new DT and challenge, Jess!

    Love how footloose and fancy free this little girl is, and she looks great in our colors. ;)

    Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colour combo and the image is pretty sweet too :D Thank you so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete