Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stampin' Up! Elements of Style and I create a Birthday Card

Hi Guys! Today I had a wonderful crafty day, with the girls from my stamp club, we all got inky and made up some cute frames, and a matching card.... I forgot to take a photo of my frame before I gave it to my sister, and I will save the card to show later.... I have a different card to show you today :)
I used a Basic Grey card base, which I layered with Wisteria Wonder and a piece of Very Vanilla. The Vanilla card has been masked with some post it notes, and stamped with the floral image from Elements of Style and coloured using the Wisteria Wonder, and Lucky Limeade ink pads. I then drew some thin lines using the pen tip of the Basic Grey Stampin' Write Marker and a ruler. The sentiment is from an unknown stamp set, and was stamped using Lucky Limeade. The hummingbird was stamped a few times on the vanilla, with out re-inking to get a faded appearance, then I stamped one separately and cut it out and attached it using dimensionals. I added a few rhinestones, and finished off this card.
I am entering this into two challenges, the first is the Freshly Made Sketches challenge, and next up, the CR84FN colour challenge
Thanks for popping by :)

17 comments:

  1. Jess, this is so pretty! I love the colors and I love how you created motion on the hummingbird. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful in every way! Lovely colors - worked perfectly with your images and the sketch~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely Jess. I especially like the way the bird image fades out.. Your a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! What's prettier than a hummingbird! Great job on the challenge colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! That is simply gorgeous!! Love the motion stamping you did. Gives his wings a pretty little flutter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jess! Love that gorgeous hummingbird! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That card is just stunning, great take on the sketch and inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, and lovely colors!! I love this stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft and lovely Jess, what a pretty hummingbird!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous card Jess! Fabulous take on the sketch & colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Jess, way to go girl!!!

    I love the colour and style and layout, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely. I love how you stamped the bird in flight. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous ... and stunning colours too!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gray and wisteria together! Elements of Style just worked perfectly for this one. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Jess! That set is a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colors and such a creative layout with the hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jess, LOVE how you made the hummingbird appear to be moving! Pretty flowery paper, too! AWESOME card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete