Saturday, November 5, 2011

Stampin' Up! Tiny Tags and Extreme Elements make a teen birthday card

Hi guys... my mojo is a little bit on the fritz today... which is disappointing, as I have the whole day to craft! So, I sat and water coloured for a while, and then built the card using a layout I've used numerous times, so there was no thinking involved...
This little alternative guy I bought from The Greeting Farm a while ago, but just hadn't gotten around to colouring him... I used my Stampin' Write Markers and a Blender Pen. I cut him out (in three pieces cause I messed up colouring his clothing, and had to redo them) and then pieced him back together on a piece of Whisper White, which I'd sponged with Tempting Turquoise. The 'splattered' panel is Tempting Turquoise, and has been stamped using Extreme Elements and sponged around the edges. I then wrapped some bakers twine and added a couple of Tiny Tags. I added 3 red rhinestones, and called it done.... 
I am entering this into two challenges, the first is the Ribbon Carousel Anything Goes challenge, and also the Just Add Ink Just add Tags/Bookmarks Challenge.
Don't forget to add your name to my linky list and go in the draw for blog candy here
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been feeling uninspired lately too - so frustrating! Hope it passes for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!!
    Thanks for playing at the Ribbon Carousel!
    Hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mojo looks like its working fine to me Jess..:0) He is one cute little guy and beautiful colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink for this weeks Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that even though you messed up colouring his clothes you were still able to salvage him. I'm too quick to bin my messes, of which there are many when I'm 'trying' to colour.

    This is a great card Jess and it really doesn't look like you were struggling for inspiration. It is such a good idea to have some 'go to ideas when feeling that way.

    ReplyDelete