Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stampin' Up! Thanks for Caring and Beautiful Wings Embossolit make Get Well Cards easy!

I have been sitting in my craft room today, avoiding doing work for university, I succeeded in doing any study, and used a set that I haven't used as much as I wanted to when it first came out.
There is a couple of things on this card that will be retiring on the 31st of July, the first is the sentiment which is from Thanks for Caring and the script background which is from my favourite stamp set from the Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue, French Foliage. This card started off as a plain Whisper White card base, I have then used some Designer Series Paper from Elegant Soiree (these papers will leave us on the 31st of August.) I have used some Perfect Plum card and the Eyelet Border Punch which I have tied some Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon around. The sentiment is coloured using my Stampin' Write Markers in Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink and Baja Breeze. The Decorative Label Punch has been used on some Perfect plum card which has been stamped with the script stamp from French Foliage. I have cut out some butterflies using my Bigshot and the Beautiful Wings embossolit in Pretty in Pink and sprayed them with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Shimmer Paint in White, to give them a little glitter. I think the sentiment works really well for a card for someone who is feeling a little under the weather.
I am entering this into three challenges, the first is the Stamping 411 Sketch which I actually struggled a little bit with this week, the next challenge is the SUO Challenge blogs Get Well Theme and finally, my colour inspiration came from Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger.
Anywho... Thanks for dropping in!
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card - beautiful color choices. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love those butterflies! So glad to see you at SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. That wide open white space looks like it gives those little butterflies a great place to flit around! Thanks for joining the SUO Challenges team in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this CAS card! Thanks for playing SUO challenges.

    ReplyDelete