Monday, May 30, 2011

Stampin' Up! Morning Cup and I create a cute spinner card!

I made this card last night, before bed, but due to giving it to someone who reads this blog, I couldn't show it until I knew she had it in her hands! 
I have used the Stampin' Up! Morning Cup Stamp set, and masking to have one cup 'sit behind' the other. I have coloured these using my Stampin' Write Markers, and stuck two identical circles together with a piece of twine between them. This gives you my spinner. I have then stamped tone on tone a coffee bean onto some Blushing Bride and stamped the "Perk Up!" sentiment in Staz On. I then punched a scallop circle out of the Blushing Bride and Whisper White Card and layered the Blushing Bride onto the card base with the string from the spinner underneath. 
I have given this card to a good friend who has been a bit down lately, and hopefully it has brightened her day considerably! 
I am entering this into two new challenges (for me anyway). The first is the Dream Valley Challenge- Stamp Something, and the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - CAS. 
I'll be back in a little while to show you the two cards I created today :-)

3 comments:

Kim Owens said...

i LOVE my card!!! and your blog post made me giggle!!!!! Hahahaha You are the best! Thank you so much! xoxoxoxo

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Brilliant card

Thanks for joining our "Clean & Simple" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

Jack said...

Great card, love the spinner. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley. xx