Friday, July 16, 2010

Sympathy Card

I have a friend going through a tough time after losing a close family member, so I made this card to send. I'm not used to doing sympathy cards, at all... I think this may even be my first one ever.... I'm also entering this in a few challenges. Whimsie Doodles and Just Add Ink both had the challenge to use embossing on a card. I embossed the swirl on the Kraft card stock, and then placed the butterflies on top with pop dots.
The photo isn't too good, it was taken at night, with my halogen lamp as the lighting.... never a good combo... 
The colour is actually Rich Razzleberry from the Stampin' Up! Autumn mini catalogue (which only has another month to go...) The background stamp is Hero Arts, while the butterflies are Grace Taylor designs I believe. The scallop punch, card stock, inks and embossing powders are all Stampin' Up!
TFL

12 comments:

  1. this is lovely!

    is taht heat embossing? I so want to get into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, its heat embossing, its something I'm a little addicted to... I keep going back to it as a way to snazz up a card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that your friend will really appreciate this beautiful card Jess. It is never easy having to send one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for a very somber occasion. Thanks so much for playing along with the Whimsie Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend will appreciate your sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Whimsie Doodles. Linda WD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card-- I'm sure your friend will sincerely appreciate your beautiful work! Thank you so much for playing along in our Whimsie Wednesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful sympathy card. Very thoughtful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love the color combo and butterflies!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsie Doodles!!
    Sheri-WD DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love embossing! And I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so very much for this beautiful card Jess, I love it my friend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have also posted it on my blog,underneath the thank you card I made, thank you Jess!

    http://stampindesigns.typepad.com/blog/2010/07/stampin-up-products-for-a-special-card-sad-news-update.html

    ReplyDelete