Friday, July 16, 2010

For You Card

I was looking for a creative outlet today, so through my blog dashboard I came up with a challenge that I knew I had the perfect paper for. Simon Says Challenge, using fruit anywhere in the card. I knew I had some October Afternoon paper floating around that had apples, and I have one that has cherries. I also went over to Splitcoast Stampers,  and had a look at their weekly challenges, to see if anything struck me... I came up with the sketch challenge, and their colour challenge. The sketch is number 289, and the colour challenge was to use three colours from Stampin' Up! colour renovations which take place soon! The colours were Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist

As I don't have the colours from Stampin' Up! yet, I decided to try to match them closely with things from my stash. I ended up with the following card
The little man stamp is from The Greeting Farm, Card stock I believe is American Crafts. The patterned paper is once again October Afternoon (I think their papers are too cute and really whimsical) the sentiment, and ink are from Stampin' Up! Basic Phrases and Whisper White. 
Not yet sure what I'm going to use this card for.... but had to make something, or my brain would turn to mush.... Thanks for looking (",)
Edited to Add - Look! No Kraft Card stock!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. this is awesome, oh I should join this challenge and used those fruity stamps you sent me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I like the white "for you" on the blue paper!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card :-) he is just soo cute and the papers and simple sentiment are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete