Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stampin' Up! Artistic Etchings and I create a Friendship Spinner Card

On Sunday, I was invited to join an online craft community Crafters Anonymous. One of the great things about the community is they host a weekly class and challenges.  This week class was on how to make a spinner card, I couldn't actually make it to the online class, so I figured the instructions out from the pictures of the other class members projects.
I decided to make a card to send to a friend who I haven't seen in a while... I used the Artistic Etchings stamp set for the little crown (no, this has nothing to do with 'the wedding,' it just fit with the overall theme I was going for...) and the sentiment is from Basic Phrases. I have used the Newsprint designer series paper, which I have paired with  Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. 
I was inspired by the Just Add Ink Mateship/Friendship challenge, which was held to commemorate ANZAC day, which is celebrated here in Australia, and in New Zealand as a remembrance of the brave men and women who have served in the defence forces. ANZAC (25th April) is a very special day to both Kiwis and Australians as it a poignant reminder of all those troops who died on the shores of Gallipoli in battle in 1915. 
Here is something I wanted to share with you, my little sister needed to take some photos for a photography assignment for uni... I was asked to be a subject for her theme, Uncoventional Beauty. Of course I said yes.... here is my favourite photo from the day

5 comments:

  1. Love the card... well done... but I really, really LOVE the photo! You look so happy! you have such a great smile! xoxoxo, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jess! Well done. Nice photo of you too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great 'spin' on this week's challenge, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this spinner card - the crown works brilliantly. It's a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful smile, Jess! How freaky! I was here visiting your blog ... checking out your JAI card ... and Gav came home with the mail. Guess what was there! A gorgeous card from my "bloggy buddy"? You are just the sweetest ... thanks so much for brightening my day ... and sharing in the baby joy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete