Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dad's Birthday Card!

Hiya! I'm slowly getting back into crafting! I've had a chance to play, after working on all my uni readings today! But, this card, I created yesterday...
For this one, I started by stamping, and colouring up the dad image from New Parents (The Greeting Farm), and then setting him aside. I chose patterned papers from Echo Park and Teresa Collins, and layered them up with black card stock. I then stamped the sentiment, which is a mix of two My Favourite Things sets. I added four black rhinestones, as well as a metal cog, to match the paper and called this card done!
Here is the close up
Friday Sketch Challenge - Challenge #64
Anyone for Anya - Masculine
Craft your Passion - Birthday

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Jess. Your colouring is just awesome too. The papers you used are just perfect for this card and I love the little pops of colour.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Craft Your Passion for our Birthday Bonanza theme. Good luck.

    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love your cute image. What a great mens card with really lovely papers and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layering of fun papers to frame this adorable little guy. I like the bold colours and pops of black contrast. The gear theme is so fun! Thanks for joining our Birthday Bonanza Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have made this card masculine, but with so pretty and happy colours! Thank you for sharing at AFA :)

    ReplyDelete