Thursday, January 2, 2014

D-Lish Scraps - Scrapbooking January Inspiration Board!

Oh my! It's time to share my page for the D-Lish Scraps Inspiration Board challenge!
You all know how much I dislike the colour purple? Yeah, so this one threw me a bit... Right when the DT were putting together their samples, Pantone announced the colour of the year... 
Yup, it's purple!
I think Amanda is a little bit psychic, or just very on trend ;)
Anyway, on to my page!
I had this photo, of Richard (the boyfriend) and I... he's so affectionate, so photos like these are going to be common.. hehe. Anyway, I went through all my patterned papers, and found the base paper, from Kaszazz, and then layered it up with some really old My Minds Eye paper. I popped some doilies down and then clustered embellishments... 
In this corner, I've started with a resin cameo frame, in turquoise... Then added a bunch of flowers, including a large, old fashioned rose, violas and cosmo daisies. I added a paper and resin rose from the grab bag. In this corner, I added a wooden flourish heart, and a bunch of purple rhinestones. 
Ok, so this corner, I started with the other big, old fashioned rose, and layered it up with more violas, daisies and roses. I also added a touch of turquoise in this corner, using a flair button from the washi heart set, and a touch of sparkle, using a sequin heart patch (I love this by the way) I also added more rhinestones, and my title, which is chipboard mini word (gotta love these for 60c each!), which I've left natural. 
I'm really happy with how this page turned out, considering it's very purple! You've got a whole month to play along, so feel free to pop over and have a go... Don't forget the Just Add Paper kits, which are a bargain at $10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment