Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Greeting Farm - Creeper Crew Lula and I create a Teen Birthday Card

Wooh! I got into the craft area today, and managed to craft! Are you all pleased to see me back? :P I got some mojo together to create this card, and just between you and me, I love it!
I really like this Greeting Farm Creeper Crew Lula, but rarely pull her out to use... I don't know why, because I actually really love her! I stamped her on white cardstock and with my Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker scribbled on a piece of Acetate and picked up colour using my trusty blender pen and spread the colour that way. It is a great way to get 'washed out' colours, as opposed to my usually more vibrant colouring which is done on Canson Watercolour paper. I used the same method for her headband which is coloured in More Mustard. I used a black card base, layered up with Polka Dot patterned paper from Echo Park *swoon* and cut out a piece of white card using my newest toy that arrived yesterday, the Stampin' Up! Edgelit dies. I cut, and embossed the white piece, and trimmed it down to size before stamping my sentiment (which is a no name one) in More Mustard ink, I layered it all together with the last of this pretty ribbon and tied a big old bow on it. 
I am entering this into three challenges, the first is the iSpy Sketches sketch, which I loved as soon as I spotted it! Next up is The Play Date Cafe black, white and a splash of Mustard Yellow, and finally the Farm Fresh Friday, Black, White and 1 other challenge. 

4 comments:

Donna Bowman said...

Super cute card Jess! Love Lula with the splash of yellow head band! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Jinny Newlin said...

Super cute and a little bit sassy, Jess ;)! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Annie Rose said...

I love this card! It's perfect. :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Kim Teasdale said...

Love the grey and black with a punch of mustard! Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D