Monday, October 10, 2011

Stampin' Up! Whimsical Words and I {heart] Hearts

Back again, to show you the Clean and Simple Card I made :)
The pink section of this card was made by colouring my Acrylic Block with my Stampin' Write Markers in Real Red, Riding Hood Red and Cherry Cobbler, spritzing it with a little bit of water then smooshing (technical hey?) it on to my card front.... I did this a couple of times, as I used a small block... Once it was dry (this takes a while) I stamped the outline heart from I {heart} Hearts in black, I used the small part of the Whimsical Words sentiment, "follow your heart, it knows the way" but selectively left out the heart.... 
I don't know if I particularly like this card, but for a CAS card, I think it works.... 
I am entering this over at Less Is More where this weeks challenge is a one layer card featuring at least one heart... So, there you go....
Thanks for dropping back, and I'd also like to give a shout out to my newest followers, you guys make me smile, and make this worth while....!

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, a fab technique, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smooshiness of that background!
    Great card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess, Great technique and a fabulous result, I love it, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic Jess
    Love it!
    Thank you
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card Jess! Your background is gorgeous and frames the heart perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and oooohhh love your "boys"...and wow, the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic inky bkgd Jess and fab sentiment too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so loving the 'smoosh', gotta give that a try!!!

    ReplyDelete