Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stampin' Up! Newsprint DSP and Sail Away for a Bon Voyage Card

I'm sad to see one of my favourite designer series papers are on the retiring list (which has things disappearing off of it quickly!) so, I know I had to have another play with it before it is gone forever...
Ok, so this card is a Crumbcake base layered with the map images from the Newsprint patterned paper which has been sponged with Soft Suede and Early Espresso. I have run a piece of Crumbcake through the Big Shot with the perfect polka dot embossing folder and sponged some Soft Suede over the top to show off the dots. Before mounting it to the card, I sewed on some buttons and attached some string looped round them and three 'banners' using Early Espresso I then mounted it, and my computer generated sentiment on to the base. I stamped the yacht from Sail Away (retired) on Vanilla and sponged it with Soft Suede, then with my scallop border punch, I made a scallop edging for the main image. 
I am entering this into two challenges, the first is the Lollipop Ladies Biscotti Inspiration which also had the spin of texture, and also in to the Mojo Monday Sketch. 
Ok, well I have another post to write and schedule for tomorrow. So, I better go. If there is anything on the Retiring list that you don't want to miss out on, get in quick and call through or email me your order, because once it is gone, it is gone for good. 

8 comments:

  1. That is such a perfect card. Hope you all have a wonderful day and good wishes for the happy couple. Olena

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love it, great work Jess!

    love the vintage/distressed look, and and the lovely sail boat!

    Thanks so much for joining in at The Lollipop Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS, Jess! The polka dots really stand out, and I just love how you've interpreted the Mojo Monday sketch. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for joining in at The Lollipop Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sail boat, love the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the special touches on your card, great take on the sketch as well, good luck in both challenges,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fab take on the mojo Challenge, I didn't like those triangles until I saw how you'd done it, ingenious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! Perfect for the challenge with the textured embossing!
    Thanks for sharing with the Lollipop Ladies this week :0
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete