Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cased Card

Hello All! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I know mine was full on, with Christmas day almost going with out a hitch, until we realised we'd locked the keys in the car.... 4hrs of watching Marks brother trying to get into the car with no success.... we ended up getting a family friend in to help.... No smashed windows which is very nice. Boxing Day, we were due to go to Canberra to see more family, but couldn't go because Toby, one of our cats (he is a little special) disappeared on us...! We spent a good 3hrs looking for him, with no success, freaking out that he had gotten out of the house in Wollongong, and not be able to find his way home... We sit down for breakfast, and out he wanders from under a heavy piece of furniture, like nothing was wrong... *sigh* So, we pack the cats up and decide it's time to head back to Newcastle. Just before the M7 motorway, we hear an odd noise, so pull over... we have a flat tyre.... It's a good thing Mark knows how to change a flat, because I had no idea... So, we change the tyre and get off at the next exit for a stop check the air in all the tyres and get some water for the cats.... Let's just say, we were VERY happy to get home....!
Anyway, onto the business end!
I have had this card saved in my favourites for a while now... I think since about the time it was posted... and I haven't had much of a chance to create anything for at least a week! So, last night after moving my craft stuff in to the new spare room, I decided to Case Naomi's work, and compete in some challenges...
Now, I don't yet have the owl punch (he was ordered as a Christmas present for myself....) so, I have done the little birdy! (2 step bird punch) I also don't have the sentiment set, so out came Curly Cute. The swirls are from the tree tops of Trendy Trees. The little clip is from my team Secret Santa, and something that I thought was adorable! This card is making its way to Marks mum in Wollongong to Thank her for a wonderful Christmas. 
I'm entering this card in to two challenges, the Curtain Call Colour Challenge, and Simon Says Stamp Challenge, anything goes.

I'd love to hear what you did for Christmas... so leave me a comment below!
Jess

7 comments:

  1. what a day chicky! I bet you're thrilled to be home, AND have a whole room for craft stuff!!! YIPEE!!!

    Gorgeous card, really love the design and everything you did, totally rocking!!!

    Hope you had an awesome Christmas, all the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo cute :) i think i'll need some more cards from you lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess!
    Well ... you had an adventure and a half! And ... you were down our way for Christmas! (We are at Tongarra - just near Albion Park ... about 20 mins south of Wollongong!) Love the card ... so many details to enjoy! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventurous Christmas Jess and I can understand the whole cat thing I am the same with my little furbabies. Don't you just love the way they come out of their comfy little spots as if nothing was wrong LOL!!
    I love what you have done with the card Jess so glad I was able to inspire you.
    Hope you have a fantastic New Year Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, your card is adorable! Awesome design and use of colors! Thank you for playing the Curtain Call with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you survived your Christmas adventures! Your card is super cute--a perfect CASE and a lovely use of the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card...love the way you did the note in the envelope!

    Tracey xx :D

    ReplyDelete