Friday, October 1, 2010

Just Add Ink with Stampin' Up! Stampin' Jumbo Wheel!

Today, I got an order that I'd placed earlier, which included a jumbo Stampin' Wheel. I have the So Swirly one, and kinda left it at that. But, I decided to give another one a look in.... So I bought the Classic Stars Stampin' Wheel. I thought this would be a good wheel to play with, and something that I would use for young people cards....
When I logged on to my blog this morning before work, I saw the newest Just Add Ink challenge, which was to use this colour combination.
I saw this, and freaked out, but then my order arrived, so out came the inks...  I used the jumbo wheel with Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and because I don't have Rose Red yet (it will hopefully be in my next order), Melon Mambo, I coloured each star individually with my Stampin' Write markers, then layered the card stock (Always Artichoke bottom, then Melon Mambo the Whisper White). Once I had stamped my image, I looked at the time and realised it was time for me to go to work *super sad face*
So, when I got home tonight, I stamped some more of the stars off of the wheel, by selecting different sized ones and colouring them individually again (just a single star at a time) and cut them out. They have been pop-dotted on the Whisper White, and the sentiment (which is from Trendy Trees, another first timer in seeing ink) in Basic Black has been stamped directly on to the Whisper White.
If you'd like to learn more about Stampin' Wheels, or the Stampin' Write markers and what you can do with them, give me a call (on 0405 173 237) or send me an email (jessidee86@gmail.com)

6 comments:

  1. awesome stamps in colors, love the desgin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've done these stars Jess. Stars are so versatile aren't they? I actually love these colours together!! (I know! I even surprised myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright fun card, love the stars, great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I like how you've got the stars overlapping. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, Jess! I wouldn't have thought to stamp stars in these colours, but I love what you've done with the colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete