Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Colour Q Challenge #56


The newest Colour Q Challenge went live today. The colours weren't really my cup of tea, but I gave it a whirl anyway.... To be completely honest, I cringed and thought, "More Halloween Colours....!" So, out came the thinking cap....
I started with some Garden Green card, layered it with Certainly Celery, which was run through The Big Shot, using the Polka Dots Embossing Folder, then I wrapped some retired Rich Razzleberry Ribbon around the embossed piece and moved on to my main image. I actually made the base of the card with no idea what was going to be my focal image... I dug through my stamps, and came up with the set Party This Way. I love love love the candle in this set, I think it looks great done in different colours in a line, like in the card I made last week... So, I stamped that in Razzleberry and Pumpkin Pie and the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz, as I have yet to purchase Celery... I then played with the positioning, and decided it was too flat with just the white on the Celery.... So, I cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card the tiniest bit bigger than the white, and layered it on the card front. 
So, this is my very non-Halloween card... 
Jess

3 comments:

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Love your card, Jess! That swiss dot EF and polka dot ribbon is beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along this week at the colourQ!

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Jess! Love those candles. Thanks for playing the ColourQ Challenge with us this week.

Annmaree said...

I love those candles, so cool. awesome card!