Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stampin' Up! Christmas Cards for the Troops

I headed back into my craft room this evening, to see if I could create something a little less disastrous than the circle card of the below post. I armed myself with two challenges to fulfill. Stamping 411's sketch challenge
And Whimsie Doodles challenge which was to use stitching, or faux stitching on a project. I also wanted to create another card for the Aussie Christmas Cards for the Troops that Acute Punches is running. 
What is Christmas cards for the troops? 
We are starting our Christmas Card drive, for Australian Troops early this year. Did you know that
we currently have 3,700 Australian armed forces in combat zones around the world. Navy, Army and Air Force, providing peace keeping missions in such places as Iraq, Afghanistan, Samolia, Eygpt and many many more places. While some might not support such missions, it goes without saying that we should support our men and women that are there doing a job. So this year we would like each of them to be able to send home 1 hand made Christmas card each. So our goal for hand made Christmas cards this year is 1,000. So come all card makers around Australia, please help by starting now and donating Christmas cards for the diggers this year.
Progress Report
464 of 1000 536 to meet target.

This was a colour combo I wasn't entirely sure of to start with, Real Red and Old Olive, but as I built the card, the happier I became with it. Unfortunately the lightest green designer series paper is no longer available, which is a real shame, because I think it is beautiful, but all other items are current and up to date. If you would like a list of supplies, to learn how to make this card, or more about the Cards for the Troops campaign, shoot me an email or leave a comment. 
Also, don't forget to enter my blog candy on the above post!

7 comments:

  1. This is very cute Jess. Love the assorted papers and your scallop circle...it's a fun treatment. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card for an awesome cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sooo cute, thanks for playing with Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two-toned sentiment! Great card, thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely wonderful. What a wonderful think you are doing for the troops. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I think the multi-colored sentiment really pulls your colors together nicely! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great card & I love the cause. Will endeavour to make some. I'm a fellow Novocastrian,so a big 'hello' from me,
    Fi

    ReplyDelete