Friday, September 17, 2010

An Acute Punches Team Challenge- New Stampin' Up! Colour!

My Stampin' Up! team, Acute Punches holds an 'in house' monthly challenge. This month, I was the host, and the challenge I threw out to my team mates was to create a project using one of the new colours from the new catalogue.
I am also entering this in Just Add Ink's weekly challenge (134), which is to create a sympathy card.
I received some SU! goodness in the mail today, which included the new brights collection... I decided to pull out a colour I don't use very often... Yellow! Or, in this case, Daffodil Delight. I put the card stock on my desk with some Crumb Cake card stock, and there was some leftover Elegant Eggplant from this project, and thought they looked great together. 
I started with a 4.25 x 4.25 inch square card (also unusual for me.) Layered some scallop border punch in the corner, and on the crumb cake card stock. The daffodil delight has been run through the Big Shot with the polka dot embossing folder. The sentiment is elegant eggplant stamped on more crumb cake. The stamp set is called Curly Cute (which is new in the catalogue, and one I LOVE). The button is from my stash. I punched one butterfly in elegant eggplant and one stamped with butterfly prints in daffodil delight, and punched it with the butterfly punch, they were then layered on to the polka dots.
I adore how this card came out, and it is definitely something that appeals to me. If you would like to learn how to make this card, or purchase any of the supplies, please contact me via email, or give me a call on 0405 173 237

7 comments:

  1. looks great Jess, love the texture and the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combination in your card .... great colours for the occassion and love the simple elements you have here .... very nice!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess. Love this card, it's so sweet. Thanks for playing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Love that sentiment stamp, so gorgeous, looks great in these colours too
    Thanks for playin with JAI
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. Love that sentiment stamp, so gorgeous, looks great in these colours too
    Thanks for playin with JAI
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jess! I definitely wouldn't have used yellow for a sympathy card, but you've really made it sing! I love that it's bright but still understated. Great job!

    ReplyDelete