Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bird Card

From now until the end of the year, I have at least one birthday a month, so hopefully this means there will be lots of handmade cards! This card is for my best friend. She is anti-girly, which makes card making a lil more difficult, she despises the colours yellow and orange, so they are out.... and has never liked pink or purple..... two more colours out... So, this is what I came up with for her birthday (which is today, but I won't get to see her til Saturday...)
I originally had blue brads in the right hand corner, but they didn't quite match, so out they came... to be replaced by the green. The bottom piece of patterned paper has been 'pleated' not sure if it is visible in the pic.... but just gave that extra bit of dimension..... the ingredients are as follows
Card Stock - Stampin' Up Kraft 106554
Patterned Papers- October Afternoon
Stamps- Stampin' Up - Basic Phrases 115908 Always 113007
Ink- Stampin' Up - Chocolate Chip 100908
Brads - From Stash

1 comment:

  1. I think this is brilliant, still girly, but not overly girly. Great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete