Friday, February 5, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday February 2

So, it is the first time, I have been inspired enough to create a FFF project for The Greeting Farm. This week, the challenge was to create a project using the sketch supplied by my blog buddy Mercy. She does some wonderful work, and the sketch, jumped out at me.
Here is my card, using last years Valentines Anya, which I thought was adorable. Much like another blog buddy of mine, I have been experimenting with different colouring techniques. This one may interest you Annmaree... I'm at mum's and she has a massive stash of everything, so out came the Mont Marte Soft Pastels, and a but of playing around led to me colouring the Anya digi with these and a cotton tip (Q-tip). I like how they turned out, only problem is the pack mum has is only a 12 pack, and it takes quite a bit of blending to get the right shades. Will look into getting a bigger pack.
Here is a close up of the colouring-

For the background and the layered papers, I used some of mums massive stash of origami papers, these ones are more like washi (wiki link to explain washi...) so the fibres added a little extra interest that didn't come up in the photos.
-Jess

2 comments:

  1. That colouring came out fab dear!!! Way to go. I still have a lot of learning to do.

    Gorgeous stuff girl. I'm posting an award for you on my blog...

    ReplyDelete