Thursday, October 4, 2012

Scrapbooking with October Afternoon

I am on a bit of a scrapbooking kick recently (like you can't tell... ) And, this photo is from Maitland Gaol, which is a 'retired' gaol (Jail) facility. They run ex-con tours, or ghost tours, or you can purchase a ticket and wander around by yourself... Which is what my friend Mark and I did in December 2010.... Here is my completed layout -

I used a vanilla piece of Bazzill textured card stock as my base, layered up with October Afternoon patterned paper, and some twill ribbon from Ribbon Carousel along the base and then stitched the entire piece of card around the edge using a zigzag stitch. I then collected my embellishments, which includes the entry ticket for the gaol, as well as a circle of acetate which I put a rub-on onto. I also added a tiny little clip that I found at the newsagents (a bargain at 20 for $1.10!!). My journalling is behind the photo and pulls out on a tag - 
I am entering this into the Crafty Crops challenge at Facebook and Simon Says Stamp - Glimmer and Sparkle challenge
Thanks for popping by :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! Your colors and embellishments are perfect. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Glimmer & Sparkle' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jess!!! I love the papers and the layout is fantastic...the little tag hidden is great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, I love the argyle pattern!

    ReplyDelete