Friday, September 14, 2012

Scrapbooking - Kraft It Up September

Hello! I have a couple of projects to share over the coming days, so keep an eye out for the various bits and bobs :) Here is a scrapbook page I completed this evening -
I used a piece of Stampin' Up!'s Crumbcake (Kraft) card stock, and dolloped some white paint onto the cardstock, with a dry brush, I spread all the paint out until I'd gotten most of it into the area I wanted. I set it aside and waited for it to dry. I collected my patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket and Kaisercraft) and distressed all the edges, as well as sanding them back a little bit. I also cut out a Spellbinders border die out of black cardstock and roughed it up as well. Once the paint was dry, I grabbed a Twiddleybitz mask and sponged Wild Wasabi Ink over the top. I then put together my layout. I found a Kaisercraft acetate shape, and glued it behind my photo and stitched the polka dot paper in place. I then made a journalling circle using Kraft cardstock, white cardstock and two dies. The 'date' has been made with my dymo labeller. Here are some close ups - 
The colours are more true in these photos... I have just shown some of the embellishment clusters (you know I love a good cluster!) 
The title is Hunter Botanical Gardens. 
I am entering this into the Kraft It Up September Challenge, which was to use the following colour palette-
Thanks for popping by!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jess! I love the rough white painting and the blacks really pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful love the white paint and then the masking! awesome layers and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! I absolutely love all the layers in your page. I'm such a big fan of lots of layers. And that painted background is divine! Thank you for joining us for our Kraft It Up! colour challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how the path just draws your eyes in...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout! Thanks for playing along at KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely page Jess..loving the texture you've achieved!..thanks so much for joining in at KIU! :)

    ReplyDelete