Friday, June 3, 2011

Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree make Masculine cards easy!

Today I had a craft catch up with some crafty buddies, you may remember Kim and Sue (how could you forget hey?) Well, it had been a while since we had been together for a craft day.... Here is the first card I made...
We started out using the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique, as Kim had not done it before. It is hard to see in this photo, but I have made the image panel faux mother of pearl using Crumbcake and White Shimmer Paint. I have then stamped the tree image from Lovely as a Tree in Staz-on, masked it, and stamped it again. I have then mounted this on to Crumbcake. I embossed a piece of Not Quite Navy using a non-Stampin' Up! embossing folder, and my Bigshot. I have then added a strip of Riding Hood Red, which has this metal embellishment, which is retired Stampin' Up! Stock. I mounted this all on a folded piece of Early Espresso. 
I used the colours from the Colour Lab Colour Challenge #43, and I have used inspiration from SUO Challenges which was to make a masculine card. 
Anyway, head on over to Kim and Sue's blogs to check out their creations using this stamp set and technique!
Until tomorrow, 
Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comments Jess. You really you make soo many beautiful cards. Ps thanks for the link to the SUO challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love the effect you got with masking the trees and stamping them again. Thanks for joining us at ColorLab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I love those trees!

    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm addicted to the faux mother of pearl technique! Thanks for joining us at the ColorLab this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jess, i'm happy to see you in my blog again, thank you for your comment.
    Beutiful cards, Jess, i love specially your monochromatic birthday card, i love this stamp and the ink is perfect.
    a hug from Palma de mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...so peaceful and calming!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! I'm certain it is even more fabulous in person. So glad you joined both the ColorLab and SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Mother of Pearl technique here, but I REALLY love how you double stamps the tree line. I never thought of that! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete