Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stampin' Up! Easter Blooms and I create feminine Birthday Cards

Hi! What a stressful day! I was dropped at work at 7am then, Mark (my most awesome house mate) headed home. On the way home, he had a small accident, running up the back of a bigger car which had a towball. The lil barina of ours, now has a very bent radiator, and is off the road at the moment. Mark is completely okay though, which is the best news. My little sister has generously lent us her car until ours is back on the road. Anyway, this afternoon after I got home from work, I decided I needed to de-stress and get into my craft room. This is what I came up with
This is such a feminine card. I have used a Elegant Eggplant card base, then layered a piece of Crumbcake with a pretty design which is part of the Easter Blooms (which is retired) stamped tone on tone, this has a scallop border punch in Perfect Plum. The circle is a piece of Gloss Card, which has been given the faux mother of pearl technique, but with Elegant Eggplant sponged over the top. I think it looks a bit like marble. I have then stamped the cherry blossom image in Staz On Black. The sentiment is from Short and Sweet and has been stamped in Basic Black. I really like how this card turned out. I am entering this into two challenges, the first being the CR84FN colour challenge, the second is the Paper Players Sketch Challenge. 
Until later, 
Happy Stamping!

12 comments:

  1. Hey Jess, This looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just lovely. I really like the soft tone-on-tone stamping on the centre panel and the embossed stamp on the circle is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    Hope it doesn't take too long to get the car repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the faux mother of pearl. Think I'll have to add glossy white to my next order :)
    I'm glad to hear that Mark is OK. Hope your card is all fixed and back on the road soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mother of pearl technique - reminds me that I have yet to try it. Love how you used it and that DSP is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mother-of-pearl in eggplant! The cherry blossoms pop in the jet black! So glad you could de-stress with our challenge this week--thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh lovely purplicious card, love that stamp set, but admit I haven't used them in ages!!!

    So sorry to hear about your car! thank goondess everyone is OK, all the best with getting it back on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The faux mother of pearl technique is gorgeous! Beautiful colors! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card with the mother-of-pearl technique. I completely agree with you that it really looks a lot like marble. Your color combo is just stunning, too. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess, LOVE the mother of pearl technique! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful use of the technique. Wow. Just a stunning focal point! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete