Friday, July 30, 2010

Moved, unpacked and a quick card!!

Thanks for being patient! But, I'm all moved now and mostly unpacked! I'm still living in the Newcastle area, just living with a friend now. We got most of the stuff moved on Wednesday, in the rain!!! (not just a drizzle, but pelting down...) then, moved the washing machine yesterday, as it was too wet to take the washing machine out of the laundry across the muddy expanse of the backyard, and into the van.... So, my dad came up and moved it for me yesterday... So, first up is a card I made him, to thank him for coming up to move just a washing machine....
 
This card is for a couple of challenges, the Just Add Ink, Colour Challenge which is Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Kraft, and the 365 Cards, Sketch Challenge. I used Stampin' Up! Kraft Card stock, Chocolate Chip Ink, Urban Breeze (baja breeze) Designer Series Paper, and the stamp set Totally Tool. Other things include DCWV brown card stock, random silver brads and cotton twine from my stash.
Here are some photos of my desk all setup... I'm a little excited because the move means I get an entire desk for craft stuff...At my old house, my desk had to hold my computer, my uni stuff, and my craft stuff!! So, this is a vast improvement!

Then, the next photo, its of an old T.V. Cabinet, that had massive potential. It is supposed to stand horizontally, but I saw it vertically, and thought, "What an awesome place to store papers!" So, I flipped it on its side, then got my house mate to drill the door onto the legs to give more storage. Its a Frankenstein's monster of a paper holder, but I love it!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card - your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks heavens for dads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Sounds like you have a very special dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo, no holding you back now babe, your own creating haven, look out world cause jess is about to bloom. dad will love his card, the challenge is now to create an even better one for fathers day lol. You go girl, i am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, men just love their tools!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card Jess, I'm sure your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh scoot i lawful wrote a boastfully say discuss and as soon as i bludgeon reply it came up expressionless! Entertain blow the whistle on me it worked correct? I dont fall short of to submit it again if i don' t possess to! Mayhap the weblog glitced elsewhere or i am an idiot, the blemished opportunity doesnt surprise me lol. thanks looking for a spacious blog!Terrific commission! This is the character of intelligence that ought to be shared close to the web. Humiliation on the search engines exchange for not positioning this collection higher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You nicely summed up the issue. I would add that this doesn’t exactly concenplate often. xD Anyway, good post…

    ReplyDelete