Thursday, February 11, 2010

First 12x12 in a long while!

Over at Scraptherapy there is a monthly journaling challenge. To create a layout with 100 words of journaling. The writing must relate to something (not someone) that you love. Anyone who knows me, knows I love my coffee... So, I did my page about this. It is titled, I'm not an Addict.
I got the layout idea from TwoPeas, where one of the members, Jasbeanie created a layout titled, This is Divine. Which featured a starbucks coffee cup.
I loved the design so much, I scraplifted ("Scraplifting" -- this is a term that refers to stealing the idea of a layout or design and modifying it.) and created my layout.

The journaling (101 words) reads -
After working for starbucks for two and a half years, some thing was bound to rub off. Before working there, I only rarely drank coffee, in instant form. Now I must have my cup of coffee with breakfast. I no longer drink Nescafe Blend 43, instead, I drink freshly brewed coffee. Without my morning coffee, the day is down hill (HELLO HEADACHE...!) Going out, I drink lattes with two sugars, at home, fair trade coffee bags by Robert Timms, flat white style. Actually, I could go one now. I'm not an addict though, I swear. I can give up any time!  
Now for the ingredients...
Cosmo Cricket Patterned paper, Snorkel, Umbrellas (this is the flip side)
Kraft Card stock
Basic Grey Patterned paper, Fruit Cake, Pine Branch
American Craft Thickers, Subway in powder blue and  Rootbeer Float in white
Coffee Bean Stamp from Basic Grey, Coffee Sparkle and Bling.
Buttons from my stash, some thanks to my wonderful swap partner from TwoPeas, BeckyRN97

5 comments:

  1. LOL Thats awesome!!! I love that page, especially the details like the steam!

    too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starbucks one is incredibly cute :-D Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking page and wonderful journaling - bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I love this page. And your journaling is great too. I'm also a fan of the freshly brewed coffee with my breakfast! It's the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete