Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stampin' Write Markers are perfect for Water colouring!

Hi guys, I know I said I'd be back to a semi normal post schedule, but I haven't been in my craft room for days... Mark and I went to a concert on Saturday in Sydney, which was amazing! Then because I was so tired yesterday, the craft room was the last place I wanted to go... I sat down this evening to have a play, and this is what I came up with after struggling for a little while
Ok, so I have to admit, not a lot on this card is actually Stampin' Up! I have used Early Espresso as my card base, then layered some patterned paper from My Minds Eye on the base and a strip of More Mustard which has been run through the Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I have stamped this little fella from The Greeting Farm and heat embossed him using Black embossing powder on to Stampin' Up!'s watercolour paper and then using my Stampin' Write markers and blender pens I have coloured him using So Saffron, More Mustard, Blush Blossom and Baja Breeze. I have paper pieced his clothing using a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock coloured over with my Baja Breeze Marker, and his shirt has some more patterned paper, Soft Suede and Baja Breeze card stock. I have placed him on a vellum circle and this has been layered on a piece of knotted 5/8" Early Espresso Grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment is from Whimsical Words stamped on some So Saffron and cut out using the decorative label punch. Here is a close up of little Ian's hair...

I am so super happy with how this card turned out, as it is a step away from my clean and simple cards. I am entering this into the Mojo Monday Sketch (see below), the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes and the There She Goes Colour Challenge with slightly bolder colours.... 
Anyway, 
Have fun and Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

  1. I love it, great papers and stamp! and love the senitment stamp and how you coloured him, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how darling! Love how he's hanging out on that vellum circle. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete