Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stampin' Up! Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and I create a Christmas Card

I spent some time putting my craft room back together today, and since I tidied as well, I decided to sit down and craft :)
The card base is Whisper White, which I have layered with Real Red and a piece of embossed (using the Big Shot and Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder) Whisper White. I wrapped a piece of Seam Binding around the white and also some red and white bakers twine. I stamped the sentiment (which is from Snow Swirled) and cut it out using my Decorative Label Punch. The stamped girl is from GorJuss and has been coloured using my Stampin' Write Markers and a blender pen.
I am entering this into two challenges (wooh, back into the challenges :) ! ) The first is the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Peppermint Twist challenge, would you look at those delicious colours?! The second is the CASE study challenge, with December Muse Amy Sheffer I used her beautiful card as inspiration, although, me being the somewhat CAS stamper, couldn't bear to put as many layers (I struggled with 4 layers!) I also took cues on the overall design, I loved the embossed white background and the central sentiment image! 
Thanks for dropping by!
Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

Teneale Williams said...

What a fabulous card you have created, I just adore the image you have used and the watercolouring is perfect. I am a layer girl and always have lots of layer but Amy's card had way more layers then I an used too, so I used stand your layers comment and I even had a little giggle to myself for relating. Thanks for playing at CASE Study.1

Anita said...

Adorable card! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Ribbon Carousel challenge.

Fiona Harrison said...

What a cute card, love your image and the embossing folder.

Maureen said...

oh, I love your inspiration. You've used one of my all time favourite embossing folders :) Adorable image and sentiment...thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Lisa H. said...

soooo beautiful. love all the texture.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that beautiful Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder...looks wonderfully elegant on your card! Your image is colored in marvelously, too! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a sweet card, Jess! Fantastic coloring! I do tend to pile on the layers -- teehehe. But I also love the CAS look, even though for me it is a great struggle! Wonderful job taking different aspects of the original and making them suit your style. I'm honored by your CASE!