Saturday, December 17, 2011

Stampin' Up! Medallion and I create a Thank You Card

Hi guys! It's a little later than I anticipated, but I do have the card I promised to share! I had a lot of fun with this one :)
This is a White card base, which I have stamped with the Medallion large background stamp in black Staz On, I then cut out a circle in Basic Black using the Circle Scissors and popped a white rub-on (from Basic Grey) on to it. I ran a strip of Island Indigo through the Big Shot with the Polka Dots embossing folder. Before sticking it to my card base, I tied some striped ribbon around it and made a big pretty bow :) I stamped a Butterfly (PTI) on watercolour paper and coloured it using my blender pen and Island Indigo ink, after carefully cutting it out, I used some dimensionals to attach it to my circle. 
I used inspiration from the CASE Study challenge with December Muse Amy Sheffer, as soon as I saw the inspiration card (see below), I fell in love... I didn't want to change much of it, at all.... I wanted to try to recreate it closely, using the supplies at hand...  The second challenge I'm entering this into, which I think a lot of people who play along with challenges will do is entering it into The Play Date Cafe  challenge, which this time around is black, white and a splash of Teal. It's a great colour combo with a thousand possibilities :)
I hope to get into the craft room tomorrow, so keep an eye out :)
Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my Goodness...what a beautiful card...both of them! You do beautiful work.

Deb D.

Lisa said...

This is fabulous, what a beauty!

Melissa said...

That is pretty. I love the medallion stamp.

Barb said...

beautiful card!!! love your cats too :)

Annmaree (Emu) said...

that is absolutely gorgeous Jess! you have done amazing here, love the blue and the shading on the butterfly!

Cyndie said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! It's a CAS take on the inspiration card that I really like. Love the white rub-on--it looks great!

Denise said...

These make my heart beat faster... absolutely LOVE them! GORGEOUS work and perfect use of the splash. Thanks for joining us this week in the Cafe and Merry Christmas!

Jean Martin said...

What a wonderful CASE! That medallion stamp is perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

I just LOVE that SU medallion, and you've made it sing! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

samantha's cards said...

beautiful card

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Love what you've done with your CASE! I haven't seen the Island Indigo color in person yet, but you sure have made it sing here! Thanks for playing along with the CASE Study challenge!