Friday, October 7, 2011

Stampin' Up! Newsprint DSP, and Stampin' Write Markers for a note card

Hi guys, I have two cards to show you today, but, I will post them separately :) (cause I'm a tease like that!) I love both of the cards, even though they aren't my usual card, or colours.... here is the first
This is a long card, it stands 7 inches tall and 4.25 inches wide. I have started with a Crumbcake base, then layered some Tempting Turquoise over the top, then a piece of retired Newsprint designer series paper which I had sponged with Peach Parfait. On top of that, there is a piece of Crumbcake cut with my lace scallop punch and layered some vintage lace over the top (from my stash). Using my circle scissors, I cut two circles, on in Turquoise, the other in Vanilla. I sponged the Vanilla piece using more Peach Parfait. I stamped the sentiment, which is from Kaisercraft in Staz-On. The butterfly, which I have had for ages, by Grace Taylor was stamped on watercolour paper and coloured using my Stampin' Write Markers, a Blender Pen and my ink pad. I have cut him out and popped him up using a small piece of dimensionals. 
I am entering this into 2 challenges, the first is the CASE Study challenge, with their newest muse Niki Estes, I took inspiration from the colours, lace, circles and of course the beautiful butterfly! I am also entering this into the Sweetest Things Sunday Sketch... 
Thanks for dropping by!
Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

Cristina said...

I was just browsing your blog and saw this card and thought, she should enter that for CASE Study. Only to see that you had! Great minds... :) Beautiful card!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

these are awesome papers!!!

I love the contras of the butterfly to them, brilliant!

Inkyfingers said...

Great card. Love the butterfly.

Jean Martin said...

Oooh this is lovely! Wonderful colors! So glad you could play with us this week at CASE Study Challenge!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I really like your choice of colours and papers on this card! Even though you're saying that it's not what you'd normally reach for, it looks effortlessly done :)