Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stampin' Up! Delicate Doilies and I make a Just Because Card

Hi Guys! I have another card to show you, using Delicate Doilies. Can you tell how much I love this stamp set? I have another card to show you a little later too :) Here is the Just Because card
This is a Whisper White card base, which has a piece of Old Olive layered with a touch of Calypso Coral peeking above and below. I stamped the doily on the Old Olive using Old Olive ink, and then layered a piece of Soft Suede (which I had run through the Big Shot, using a cuttlebug folder.) I layered that onto the Olive and tied a bow using some White Seam Binding Ribbon. The sentiment was cut out using my Circle Scissors, I popped it on with some dimensionals and added some bling.
I took inspiration from CASE Study challenge muse- Julie Laceys card, with the overall layout, and her beautiful bow. I think I'm going to make a second card, that's how much I love it :) I took my unusual colours from the Embellish Blog Colour Trends, Circles challenge, which was a weird one for me, and I'm still a little unsure of it, if I'm honest....
Thanks for dropping in, 
Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Julie said...

LOVE! Perfect combination of everything!!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

Teresa Kline said...

luv this card, the color combo is a favorite and the doily stamp is gorgeous...hope you have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

CardArTart said...

Looks wonderful and crispy clean :)

cbuswell said...

Gorgeous, love the color combo, thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Cristina said...

Beauteous! And awesome stamping. Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish!

Charlene Austin said...

LOL----I chuckled at your concern about the colours. I think you did great with them. Love the card!

Thanks so much for joining the Embellish challenge.