Monday, October 17, 2011

Stampin' Up! Awash with Flowers and I create a Birthday Card

Ok, so I finished my assignment tonight (yay!), and I treated myself with a little bit of crafting!
This card is a Crumbcake base, layered with some Real Red and a piece of Calico from an enviro bag that I cut up (for this purpose). I sewed it on using my sewing machine and set it aside. I stamped the flower (which is actually 2 petal images layered atop each other) on Real Red card, and cut around them. I did the same with the leaves, but they are in Old Olive. I stamped my sentiment, which is from a retired set called Congratulations in black in and tied a bow using some vanilla seam binding ribbon. I stuck my flower to the front of the card and added a button to the centre. 
I am entering this into 3 challenges, the first is the Case Study Challenge, with October Muse Niki Estes. I have used her beautiful flower as inspiration, as well as the use of fabric, and the colours. I also used the sketch from Card Patterns Finally, I'm entering this into the Moxie Fab Texture Challenge :)
Now, it's my bed time, and I plan on sleeping in tomorrow, hopefully no late nights early morning combinations for a few days :)
Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Jess! Love the color scheme and that wonderful fabric background! I'm so glad you've played along with us at CASE Study this week!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

this is awesome, I love that calico with the red, awesome sentiment too!

Julie said...

Really cute! I love the stitched burlap-esque background!

whoistracy said...

How pretty! I just love all the pink you used. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Cath said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)