Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stampin' Up! Just Believe and Upsy Daisy create a Neutral Birthday Card

Hi, I know it's been a quiet few days on the blog front, no real excuse, just couldn't be bothered going into my craft room... but today, Mark put up a new shelf in there for me, as well as changed the light bulb, which has made the biggest change to crafting at night! I did have just a normal low wattage light bulb, but last time we went shopping, I picked up a super bright, high wattage (125 watt, low energy) cool daylight bulb... now, it seriously looks like daylight in there! Anyway, I have just made a card, here it is...
This is a Whisper White card base, which has been layered with Crumbcake with a touch of Chocolate Chip peeking from above and below, I have layered on some patterned paper from My Minds Eye, and then some white satin ribbon from my stash, that I didn't even know I had. The image circle was cut on my circle scissors and stamped with the flower image from Just Believe in Sahara Sand, then sentiment is one of my favourites from Upsy Daisy and it is in Chocolate Chip. I have cut out a slightly bigger circle in Sahara Sand and layered it underneath the image panel. This is seriously not my usual style, with all those layers, and a bow to boot, but I think I like how it turned out!
I am entering this into three challenges, the first is the Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World, I have taken inspiration from the colours and the luscious woodgrain... I want a bed that looks that awesome... The second challenge is the CASE Study challenge with September Muse- Julie Lacey, I have gone with the overall design of the card, and the colours, all except the burst of green... The third challenge is the Birthday Card challenge over at The Paper Players, I too can always do with another Birthday card to add to the stash!
Thanks for dropping by, and don't forget to pop into see the other entrants and designers takes on these challenges :)
Happy Stamping!

12 comments:

onecraftymama said...

I love your layout, with the circle extending off the main mat! And the silhouette is just gorgeous :)

Julie Marshall said...

Well, I am a sucker for browns, so I think your card is just perfect! I love the little peeks of the chocolate chip from above and below. Very pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

Lesley Croghan said...

Lovely card! The muted tones are lovely for a Fall birthday. So happy you joined in our birthday challenge at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Annmaree (Emu) said...

this is lovely, great layout and love the colours!

a good lightbulb certain makes the world of difference, enjoy it!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Jess! The neutral colors are so classy! I love the woodgrain background. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Cath said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anne Marie said...

Very pretty, Jess! I just love the neutral color combo and the clean design. The woodgrain is a great touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Sandie Conner said...

Such a lovely card, I love the woodgrain on the bottom, a great card! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

Jill Grace said...

Beautiful card! I absolutely love your layout

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I never think of Crumb Cake & white together, but this is beautiful! Love the woodgrain, too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

cbuswell said...

fabulous, love the neutrals and woodgrain! thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Tara Bilbao said...

Jess, I love the clean crisp feel of this card. Great combination for both challenges. Thank you for playing with the Paper Players!