Friday, September 9, 2011

Stampin' Up! Elements of Style, Whimsical Words and Rolled Scallop Roses create a Thinking of You card

Hi all! I'm back again with a card that to be honest, was a bit out of my comfort zone (read a lot out of my comfort zone), but I love how it turned out!
So, this started its life out as a Pool Party card base, which has been layered with some My Minds Eye patterned papers, and sewn down using my trusty sewing machine... I have then used another piece of patterned paper, put some lace underneath, and wrapped some Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon around, and tied a bow. Next, I stamped the swirl image from Elements of Style in Pool Party on a scrap of Whisper White, sponged the edges in Pool Party, then with the sentiment from Whimsical Words stamped that in Early Espresso, I used a piece of scrap polka dotted brown patterned paper and layered it beneath the sentiment. Using my little leaves Sizzlet and some scrap Pool Party, I cut out some leaves, I then made some rolled scallop roses out of Calypso Coral, and layered them over the leaves. 
I am entering this into two challenges, the first is the CASE Study challenge, with September Muse Julie Lacey, I used her general layout and layering, mostly because the two patterned papers meeting at angles really intrigued me, and I had to have a shot... The second challenge is the Some Odd Girl Stitching challenge. 
Thanks for dropping by!
Have a fabulous day, and happy stamping....

10 comments:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

OH I REALLY love this one Jess, I think it rocks, I love the colour combo and the great sentiment and rolled roses, it all just looks great and love the stitching too!!!

You totally have to enter this in somewhere for publication, it is truely awesome!

Erica said...

Your card rocks!

San Diego Mobile Notary

kelly said...

Jess I love evry detail about it, the flowers, bow, stitching, EVERYTHING!
Kelly xx

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, gorgeous combo of papers...hope you have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Debby said...

Oh I love me some My Mind's Eye! Great colours too. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Jean Martin said...

What a lovely card Jess! I love all that splash of color. Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Leah the Orange said...

BEAUTIFUL! the stitching works wonderfully with those fabulous papers, and this is perfect for our Some Odd Girl challenge! thanks so much for sharing! :)

Elena said...

Wow! what a fantastic layout you used, I love the diagonal line, and the stiching works so good on this card, it defintely helps the eye to go up and down. The sentiment is really good, like the paper flowers and leaves, and the red ribbon in the middle.
Thanks for join with us this time at Some Odd Girl, hope to find you again for next challenge!

Hugs,
Elena

Amy said...

Gorgeous card, your stitching looks fantastic! :)

Tasha said...

This is so pretty, love th colours and the fabulous stitching. Super cute
Thank you for joining in the SOG challenge
love tasha xx