Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stampin' Up! Growing Green and I create a For You Card

I warned that I'd be back to post another card I made tonight.... I'm going to pop it out in to the blog world before heading to bed, as it is getting much too late....
This uses a great stamp set called Growing Green, I have stamped the images on to Melon Mambo and Old Olive card stock and embossed them, then very carefully cut around them and outlined them in their respective colours to add some shading. Once I had done that, I created my card base, which is Whisper White with a piece of Basic Grey mounted on it. The Basic Grey has been sponged around the edges and stamped with the 'splat' image from French Foliage (I adore this element.) I have then coloured my sentiment with my Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker, as the original sentiment was So Happy For You, from the Sale-a-bration stamp set of the same name. I have punched it using my oval punch and used some twine to attach it to the base. 
I am entering this in to two challenges, the first of which is the CASE study Challenge, I have taken inspiration from the layout, the custom background and the flowers in the June Muse Jill's card. The second challenge I am entering is the Inkspirations Colour challenge which really appealed to me this week, I think it is a colour combination I will have to use again. 

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow I'm sure....
Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

Looks awesome Jess!!!

Love the stamps and how you fussy cut them, great colour combo really makes them pop!

Jill said...

Just beautiful! Those flowers really shine against the dark background!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Great job of combining the two challenges, Jess! Very elegant! Hugs xxaxx

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of this week's colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week.

Jen said...

That is one fabulous card! Adding a little shading to the flowers really makes them stand out. Thanks for sharing your technique.

H2 :) said...

Great card Jess! Your pretty flowers look fantastic against the dark background. :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful! Love how the red pops out against the backgroud!

Cindy Major said...

Very nice! I like the handcut flowers and greenery!

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Love this so much. Well done.
Kirsty

Fiona Harrison said...

Congrats on being the Inkspirations winner, well deserved Jess,
Fi