Sunday, February 13, 2011

Case Study

The last few Case Study Challenges have been and gone without my entry, mostly due to being ridiculously busy, and ill... but when I saw this weeks inspiration card, by February Muse - Eva Dobilas, something clicked in my head, and I knew I wanted to have a shot at it!
Have you ever bought a patterned paper because you loved it, but then realised you liked it too much to cut into? I have an admission... The paper on this one (Basic Grey) was one of those purchases... It has been in my stash for way too long, and this is the first piece I have used of it!
I loved it the moment I saw it, but though it was much too pretty to actually use... I knew that for the panel on Eva's card, I wanted to replicate the patterned paper, but I didn't want it to be too plain.... Out came my Basic Grey, and this card literally all fell into place once I had decided to use the bird cages... Amazingly, Stampin' Up!'s Blushing Bride works perfectly with this patterned paper, and I have added small amounts of Certain Celery on the leaves to continue the colour theme. The sentiment tag was made by tracing around a Cosmo Cricket tag, cutting it out and sticking it down with dimensionals. 
I adore how this card turned out, as it's not my usual style! I'd love to see cards made by you, that are outside your comfort zone....
Happy Stamping
Jess

6 comments:

lotte chew said...

oh this is lovely!! the colors are so soft

Julie said...

Beautiful card, love that paper! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CASE Study.

Sandra said...

This is absolutely beautiful Jess! I love it!! So feminine and pretty.

Annmaree (Emu) said...

OOOH i love it!!! Its like shabby chic of somethng, very cool!!!!

Beautiful to boot!

Sue Kohler said...

Glad to see you back Jess, have missed you!!Hope you are feeling better. what a fabulous comeback card, the bird is stunning!
Thanks for sharing your talent at CASE study this week!! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful card, I really like the soft look! Thank you so much for playing CASE Study this week! xxx