Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Punny Card

Another card for you guys! I got to the end of this card, and realised it didn't have a sentiment.... So I went looking through my stamps to find "HOO" which is from Hero Arts (I think) and then decided it needed a bit of pun fun.... and added Love You... Hoo Love You?
This is actually for a few challenges. The first of which was the CASE Study challenge, with their January Muse Mercy. This was my second attempt at a card for this challenge. I wasn't overly impressed with the first... Mark told me I was being too hard on myself... He's probably right. The colours were from Colour Q, which was a tough one....
Much like the Case Study, this was a second attempt card... Sorry, you guys aren't going to see the other one.... might pull it apart and use the elements on something else... Keep your eyes peeled... 
I got a good chunk through this card and realised it would fit in with the Stampin' Royalty, Anything with Wings challenge. So, I'm uploading it there as well.
Go, participate in challenges. 
Also, I'm coming up for 300 blog posts! So, keep your eyes peeled for blog candy within the week!
Cheers
Jess

10 comments:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

this is a hoot! ;-)

love that owl die and the branch, great sentiments!

Yvonne Russell said...

Love this cute little owl and a fun setiment... a fun card.

Hands On said...

Great card. Love the stitching. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

LeAnne said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors with us!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

Hi Jess I actually got the stamps from ebay, on a really excellent buy!

The only aussie place I could find them was here:

http://www.memories2remember.com.au/cscart/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30857

and its only the one set.

And Scrapbook boutique have another set:
http://www.scrapbookboutique.com.au/p/17237/GLITZ-DESIGN-CLEAR-STAMP-SET-~-DISTRESSING.html

But they are more expensive than I had paid, hope this helps. If I see anymore I'll let you know!!!

I know Kaiser have something similar in single backgrounds like that, so maybe try looking those up too!

Aimes said...

Ha! I just love a good pun and this one hits my sweet spot with that cute owl!
Do you still have the first attempt at playing along with us? Why not share it and let us be the judge? I think we're our own worst critic sometimes y'know...
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week anyways!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sylvia said...

Jess, this is a terrific card. You did a great job with thee colors. always enjoy seeing your cards. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week!

Sue Kohler said...

good to see that i am not the only one that forgets sentiments-lol!! love that you got inspired by Mercy's layout, the owl is super cute! thanks for jumping into another CASE study! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Love it, Jess! That owl is too cute and that great stitching along the perimeter is such a neat effect! Glad to have you play along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Meilani Z. Smith said...

I can't seem to get enough of that owl card. I need to use it some more. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.