Monday, January 10, 2011

CR84FN Colour Challenge + Case Study

Last night, I had a lot of trouble sleeping, every time I'd get comfortable, and start drifting off, my brain would kick into gear... So although I spent a bit of time in bed, no sleep happened.... So I decided, I was awake, I may as well do something constructive...
I got up, and came online to discover the newest CR84FN (create for fun?) challenge had gone up....
To be honest, this colour palette was extremely daunting for me... I'm not a pastels person.... So, I sat looking at it for a bit... until I came up with the card below.... 
Now, this isn't my usual style at all, but I think I like how it turned out... vintagey? I also took inspiration from CASE Study, although not obvious... I used the diagonally placed elements, and the big bow as inspiration.... I think maybe I'm stretching it a little.... There is a smidge of yellow behind the purple layer, but I didn't want to make it glaringly obvious that it was there....
Let me know what you think... Thanks for stopping by
Jess

17 comments:

Sandra said...

Love it Jess! Yes, very vintagey. As soon as I seen these colours I thought of Easter :)

craftychick said...

I really like the butterfly and like how you did it!!
I had fun with these colors!

Andrea M said...

Hi Jess!!! This is gorgeous!!!! Love the butterfly and cascade of flowers! The lace is so pretty too!

Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Jess! Love the variety of flower embellishments and that butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Annmaree (Emu) said...

OOOH i love it, very cool card indeed, beautiful colours and vintagey look is swell!

Sue Lelli said...

PRETTY card, Jess with those flowers and the butterfly and that FAB sentiment! Pastels are difficult for me, too, but that's what makes challenges so much fun ~ you have to leave your comfort zone to make something beautiful! THX for playing with us this week at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

So dreamy, love the butterflies and lace.

Debgem said...

Very pretty card - I really like all those flowers and the lace detail. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.

Meredith said...

I was like you - I wanted to keep the yellow low key, so it didn't take over! I think your card turned out wonderful - and just because a colour is on the pallette, it doesn't mean you have to showcase it! Thanks for playing with CR84FN :)

Annmaree (Emu) said...

Hey I saw your other card your deleted still in my blog roll, from the thumbnail it looks great!!!

show it!

Aimes said...

Nah...you're not stretching it: I see the CASE study influence ;D
Such a pretty card love your layout!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful vintage creation, Jess! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Sue Kohler said...

A stunning vintage card, the flowers and the butterfly are a real highlight! thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

Jean Martin said...

This is gorgeous Jess! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Challenge!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow, Jess! I haven't been able to pop by for a couple of days ... and have missed some gorgeous creations! Scrolled back through your projects ... beautiful, Jess! Hugs xxaxx

Heather Jensen said...

Pretty flowers and butterfly. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Just wonderful! Love those gorgeous blue hues and the wonderful lace trim. And the butterfly and flowers add to the charm! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenge!