Thursday, January 13, 2011

Case Study and Simon Says Stamp Challenges

Another card for you today!
This started out very differently to what I had in mind, but is still something I am impressed with! I started with inspiration from two sources... The first being Case Study, which was posted not that long ago... and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. The CASE I took from Mercy was the colour combination. I absolutely adore Bashful Blue with just about anything, but it goes fabulously with Basic Grey, Kraft and Very Vanilla. So, that is what I took from Mercy's cute card
The sketch is a slightly altered version of the Simon Says Stamp sketch, but one that I am quietly happy with. I am not sure I have the ruffled ribbon right, maybe I've pulled it too tight.... But, none the less.... I like how it turned out!
Have a play along with these challenges, and have an awesome day!

10 comments:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

I love it! great bird stamp, and love the colours, the ruffled ribbon rocks!!!!

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Jess, I love Kraft card and it looks fantastic with the blue. I also love how the downward strip co-ordinates with the stunning image so fantastically.

So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

TRACEY said...

oh jess, i have missed you using kraft, i love the colours and the gathered bashful blue ribbon affect is gorgeous.

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Chris said...

Wow, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with CASE Study this week, I'm having fun being the sponsor and visiting all of these great blogs!

Fiona said...

Hi,
I love what you did with the bird and the stem, and the ruffled ribbon is very pretty ruffled so tightly.

Aimes said...

Oh I can totally see Mercy's influence on this beauty! Your ribbon treatment is fabby!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, that ribbon treatment is awesome! Lovely shade of blue and that birdie stamps is darling! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Sue Kohler said...

that ribbon really makes a statement as does the embossed boarder, all together stunning!! thanks for playing along at CASE study Jess! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Absolutely loveable creation, Jess! The ruffled ribbon looks great, as does that branch in the bird's beak :) Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week! xxx